PERFECT ALTERNATE GROWTH PROMOTER
In order to meet consumer expectations for antibiotic-free chicken, the poultry production system must adapt to alternate growth promoters. Many studies have been conducted to discover alternative ways for maintaining poultry health and improving performance in intensive settings, and a number of substances like natural growth promoters have been identified as effective antibiotic alternatives. These phytogenics are gaining favor as feed additives due to their positive effects on gut health, immunity, and growth performance. The use of herbal formulations is increasing, but still less popular, due to a lack of an understanding of the exact mechanism of action. Unlike many chemical compounds, photogenic does not have a single mechanism of action but a complex interaction of different mechanisms that are responsible for their positive influence on animal performance. A scientific blend of herbal ingredients and essential oils with varied composition and action with assured quality improves the productivity parameters of the animals. Herbs like ginger, garlic, turmeric, cinnamon, etc. have been popular in ethnoveterinary for preventing and treating digestive ailments.
The herbal has been found to improve growth performance by:
- Stimulation of digestive enzymes and improvement of overall digestion
- Improves gut architecture (increase villus height and crypt depth)
- Stabilizes gut microbiota (improves the population of beneficial bacteria)
- Promotes an intestinal environment
- Improves gut immunity
- Stabilizing gut mucosa and reducing incidences of diarrhea & enteritis
- Modulation of molecular targets in the hypothalamus, liver, muscles, and adipose tissues support better growth performance
High-quality herbal products with stringent quality checks at each step will provide efficient alternate growth promoters for animals.